Darlington Raceway To Host First Darlington Marathon On Sept. 28
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Sept. 4, 2013) – Another form of racing will take place on Saturday, Sept. 28, as Darlington Raceway will serve as the start line and finish line for the inaugural Darlington Marathon.
The race will begin at 7 a.m. and will feature 5K, 10K, Half and Full Marathon events. All races will start from the same spot across the street from the Darlington Raceway Museum. The races will continue throughout the county of Darlington before ending at the start/finish line at the track Too Tough To Tame.
Pre-registration for the Marathon is still taking place with non-refundable prices of $75 (Full Marathon), $45 (Half Marathon), $35 (10K) and $25 (5K) being offered. Participants can register online until Sept. 26 by visiting www.DarlingtonMarathon.com.
USA Track & Field will recognize times from the Darlington Marathon as official Finishing Times. Times will be eligible to qualify for the 2014 Boston Marathon.
“We’re excited to be the starting point and finish line for the inaugural Darlington Marathon,” the track’s director of corporate sales and Darlington Marathon participant Jeff Taylor said. “Hosting a variety of racing events like this is a big deal for our track and local community as hundreds of runners will be participating and spending time here in Darlington.”
For more information on the Darlington Marathon or to register visit www.DarlingtonMarathon.com.
- BOJANGLES’ LEGENDS BREAKFAST BRINGS NASCAR HALL OF FAMERS TO DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO CELEBRATE DAYTONA 500 WITH COMMUNITY WATCH PARTY AT BUFFALO WILD WINGS ON FEB. 22
- START TIMES ANNOUNCED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY RACES
- The Tradition Returns! Darlington Raceway Announces Labor Day Weekend Commemorative Ticket Design
- NASCAR and NASCAR Team Properties Select Fanatics to Operate At-Track Merchandise Business
No Results Found