Darlington Raceway To Host First Darlington Marathon On Sept. 28
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Sept. 4, 2013) – Another form of racing will take place on Saturday, Sept. 28, as Darlington Raceway will serve as the start line and finish line for the inaugural Darlington Marathon.
The race will begin at 7 a.m. and will feature 5K, 10K, Half and Full Marathon events. All races will start from the same spot across the street from the Darlington Raceway Museum. The races will continue throughout the county of Darlington before ending at the start/finish line at the track Too Tough To Tame.
Pre-registration for the Marathon is still taking place with non-refundable prices of $75 (Full Marathon), $45 (Half Marathon), $35 (10K) and $25 (5K) being offered. Participants can register online until Sept. 26 by visiting www.DarlingtonMarathon.com.
USA Track & Field will recognize times from the Darlington Marathon as official Finishing Times. Times will be eligible to qualify for the 2014 Boston Marathon.
“We’re excited to be the starting point and finish line for the inaugural Darlington Marathon,” the track’s director of corporate sales and Darlington Marathon participant Jeff Taylor said. “Hosting a variety of racing events like this is a big deal for our track and local community as hundreds of runners will be participating and spending time here in Darlington.”
For more information on the Darlington Marathon or to register visit www.DarlingtonMarathon.com.
- ONE LUCKY DARLINGTON RACEWAY FAN TO RECEIVE PACE CAR RIDE WITH NASCAR DRIVER JEFF GORDON
- TONY STEWART, DANICA PATRICK, RYAN NEWMAN SCHEDULED FOR DARLINGTON STRIPE ZONE FAN HOSPITALITY
- CONGRATULATIONS DALE EARNHARDT JR. ON YOUR DAYTONA 500 VICTORY!
- SPORT CLIPS HAIRCUTS SIGNS A MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP EXTENSION WITH DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- CAPITOL RECORDS RECORDING ARTIST JON PARDI TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT