DARLINGTON RACEWAY NEWS: VOTING BEGINS FOR FINAL FIVE LADY IN BLACK CONTESTANTS!
Starting today, Nov. 11, fans can visit www.DarlingtonRaceway.com/LadyinBlack and cast their vote for the next Lady in Black. Voting will conclude on Wednesday, Dec. 11, with the winner being announced in mid-January (exact date TBD).
The position is an integral part of Darlington Raceway’s efforts to focus on the fans and represent the track in the local community, which has supported it since 1950.
“We have narrowed the field to five quality candidates for our Lady in Black position. We feel that any of these five finalists could represent Darlington Raceway as the Lady in Black in 2014,” track President Chip Wile said.
The final five selected were Kaitlyn Bailey of Darlington, S.C., Cydney Gandy of Darlington, Kaitlynn Jessup of Hampton, Va., Nicole Kinder of Hemingway, S.C. and Hayley Taylor of Darlington. More information on each candidate can be found on the voting page.
The five finalists were selected from over 50 candidates that submitted an online application for the contest. The finalist were introduced last Friday at the track’s inaugural Speed & Feed BBQ Cook-Off and Car Show presented by Piggly Wiggly event, which drew thousands of fans to the track Too Tough to Tame.
Tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 on April 12 and Nationwide Series 200 on Friday, April 11 will officially go on sale to the general public on November 29, 2013. Remember, kids 12 and under are half off for the Bojangles’ Southern 500 and FREE for the Nationwide Series 200 in general admission sections. Visit www.DarlingtonRaceway.com or call 866-459-7223 for more information.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST “SPEED & FEED BBQ COOK-OFF AND CAR SHOW” EVENT NOVEMBER 7-8
- 354 UNITS OF BLOOD COLLECTED AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY BLOOD DRIVES IN 2014
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY, BOJANGLES’ EXTEND NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE ENTITLEMENT THROUGH 2019
- THE TRADITION RETURNS! DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 MOVING BACK TO LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2015
- 3,650 STRAIGHT DAYS! DARLINGTON MARATHON PARTICIPANT ROBBIE McLENDON TO ACHIEVE HIS ULTIMATE GOAL ON AUGUST 29