DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST AMERICAN RED CROSS HOLIDAY BLOOD DRIVE ON DEC. 18
DARLINGTON, S.C. (Dec. 10, 2013) – Darlington Raceway will once again team up with the American Red Cross Blood Services to host a holiday blood drive on Wednesday, Dec. 18 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Appointments are encouraged and can be made in advance by visiting www.RedCrossBlood.org and entering sponsor code “darlingtonraceway” or by calling 1-800-REDCROSS.
For each donation, fans will get a behind-the-scenes look at the Lady in Black, which includes the opportunity to take a pace car ride around the Darlington oval. The first 50 donors will also receive a gift bag courtesy of Georgia Pacific.
This is the third blood drive Darlington Raceway has hosted in 2013.
In two previous blood collection events this year, the track has helped generate 380 units of blood donated. With each unit having the ability to benefit up to three people, Darlington Raceway’s efforts have helped approximately 1,140 people in the local community.
Since 2005, Darlington Raceway has collected 1,668 units of blood for the American Red Cross, potentially saving the lives of 5,004 people in their community.
“We encourage our fans to come out on December 18 and donate a unit of blood during the holiday season,” Darlington Raceway President Chip Wile said. “It’s a great opportunity to support the American Red Cross at a time when they need blood donations the most.”
Tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 on Saturday, April 12 and Nationwide Series 200 on Friday, April 11 are now on sale. Remember, kids 12 and under are half off for the Bojangles’ Southern 500 and FREE for the Nationwide Series 200 in general admission sections. Visit www.DarlingtonRaceway.com or call 866-459-7223 for more information.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST PALMETTO GOODWILL GREAT PEE DEE YARD SALE ON SATURDAY, APRIL 22
- REGISTRATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S SPRING FLING 5K EVENT ON APRIL 1
- THIRD YEAR OF BOJANGLES’ LEGENDS BREAKFAST WILL BRING NASCAR ICONS BACK TO DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY CREATES OVER $50 MILLION IN ECONOMIC IMPACT ANNUALLY FOR SOUTH CAROLINA’S PEE DEE REGION
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES STAGE LENGTHS FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND RACES