DARLINGTON RACEWAY COLLECTS OVER 400 UNITS OF BLOOD FOR THE AMERICAN RED CROSS IN 2013
For the year, Darlington Raceway collected over 400 units of blood for the local chapter of the American Red Cross. With each unit having the ability to help up to three patients in need, Darlington Raceway’s efforts helped over 1,200 people in their community in 2013.
The South Carolina blood supply is at a critically low level. Darlington Raceway’s efforts assist in giving the American Red Cross a much needed boost in the number of units collected during the holiday season.
“Darlington Raceway is committed to supporting our community,” said track President Chip Wile. “It’s a great opportunity to bring our passionate fan base together to support the local chapter of the American Red Cross and help save lives in our community.”
Since 2005, Darlington Raceway has collected 1,741 units of blood for the American Red Cross, potentially saving the lives of 5,223 people in our community.
Darlington Raceway, the track Too Tough To Tame as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane. You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
- THIRD YEAR OF BOJANGLES’ LEGENDS BREAKFAST WILL BRING NASCAR ICONS BACK TO DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY CREATES OVER $50 MILLION IN ECONOMIC IMPACT ANNUALLY FOR SOUTH CAROLINA’S PEE DEE REGION
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY ANNOUNCES STAGE LENGTHS FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND RACES
- SPORT CLIPS HAIRCUTS RETURNS AS ENTITLEMENT PARTNER FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST SPRING FLING PRESENTED BY GENESIS HEALTH CARE ON APRIL 1