DARLINGTON RACEWAY RECEIVES VISIT FROM SOUTH CAROLINA GOVERNOR NIKKI HALEY
The governor was a guest at a track-hosted business lunch event, which featured statewide and regional business executives including International Speedway Corporation (ISC) CEO Lesa France Kennedy.
The track is home to the state’s largest single-day paid professional sporting event, drawing nearly 100,000 spectators to its events annually.
The track brings an economic impact of over $54 million to the Pee Dee area every year.
“Darlington Raceway is a very special place that brings a great deal of economic impact to the Pee Dee area and state of South Carolina,” Haley said. “It has such tremendous history in the sport of NASCAR. I’ve attended a race here before and it truly is a magnificent place.”
Darlington Raceway President Chip Wile appreciated everyone who attended the event and wants to continue to make Darlington a better partner to its state’s communities.
“It was a fantastic day. I appreciate everyone who took the time to attend today’s lunch event, including Governor Haley and our CEO Lesa France Kennedy,” Wile said. “We will continue to work hard and build important relationships with our communities and business leaders here locally and throughout the state. Our goal is to have South Carolina companies partner with a great South Carolina facility. We have a gem in our state with Darlington Raceway and we are going to utilize the facility to build lasting partnerships.”
Tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 on Saturday, April 12 and Nationwide Series 200 on Friday, April 11 are now on sale. Remember, kids 12 and under are half off for the Bojangles’ Southern 500 and FREE for the Nationwide Series 200 in general admission sections. Visit www.DarlingtonRaceway.com or call 866-459-7223 for more information.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM
- SUPPORT THE VFW’s SPORT CLIPS HELP A HERO SCHOLARSHIPS BY PURCHASING A NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE TICKET AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA
- ‘TURN 3 THEATER PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD CHEVROLET’ ON JUNE 19 POSTPONED DUE TO POTENTIAL HEAT ADVISORY