KEVIN HARVICK WINS NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
DARLINGTON, S.C. (April 12, 2014) – Kevin Harvick, driver of the No. 4 Budweiser Chevrolet for Stewart-Haas Racing, recorded his first career win at Darlington Raceway after a thrilling finish in the Bojangles’ Southern 500 on Saturday night.
Harvick, who led a race-high 238 laps, had the one of the strongest cars in the field all night. After losing the lead on a pit road after a late caution, Harvick charged to the front in the final 10 laps. With the help of two attempts at a green-white checkered finish, Harvick managed to pass Dale Earnhardt Jr. to secure his first win at Darlington in his 18th career start at the track.
“If you’re going to win a race, this is one you want to win,” Harvick said. “Darlington Raceway is a great place to race and it means a lot to our sport. This was a great win for our team!”
Earnhardt Jr. finished second, followed by Jimmie Johnson in third, Matt Kenseth fourth and Greg Biffle fifth.
Harvick entered the weekend having only led a total of 63 total laps in his previous 17 NSCS starts.You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
- 354 UNITS OF BLOOD COLLECTED AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY BLOOD DRIVES IN 2014
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY, BOJANGLES’ EXTEND NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE ENTITLEMENT THROUGH 2019
- THE TRADITION RETURNS! DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 MOVING BACK TO LABOR DAY WEEKEND IN 2015
- 3,650 STRAIGHT DAYS! DARLINGTON MARATHON PARTICIPANT ROBBIE McLENDON TO ACHIEVE HIS ULTIMATE GOAL ON AUGUST 29
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women’s History Museum