KEVIN HARVICK WINS NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
DARLINGTON, S.C. (April 12, 2014) – Kevin Harvick, driver of the No. 4 Budweiser Chevrolet for Stewart-Haas Racing, recorded his first career win at Darlington Raceway after a thrilling finish in the Bojangles’ Southern 500 on Saturday night.
Harvick, who led a race-high 238 laps, had the one of the strongest cars in the field all night. After losing the lead on a pit road after a late caution, Harvick charged to the front in the final 10 laps. With the help of two attempts at a green-white checkered finish, Harvick managed to pass Dale Earnhardt Jr. to secure his first win at Darlington in his 18th career start at the track.
“If you’re going to win a race, this is one you want to win,” Harvick said. “Darlington Raceway is a great place to race and it means a lot to our sport. This was a great win for our team!”
Earnhardt Jr. finished second, followed by Jimmie Johnson in third, Matt Kenseth fourth and Greg Biffle fifth.
Harvick entered the weekend having only led a total of 63 total laps in his previous 17 NSCS starts.You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S PALMETTO GOODWILL GREAT PEE DEE YARD SALE SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, APRIL 22
- MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST BRET MICHAELS TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO SPONSOR COASTAL CAROLINA BASEBALL GAME ON SATURDAY, APRIL 8
- DARLINGTON RACEWAY TO HOST PALMETTO GOODWILL GREAT PEE DEE YARD SALE ON SATURDAY, APRIL 22
- REGISTRATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED FOR DARLINGTON RACEWAY’S SPRING FLING 5K EVENT ON APRIL 1