GERMAIN RACING TEST SESSION AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
DARLINGTON, S.C. (April 1, 2014) – A test session at Darlington Raceway featuring NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Casey Mears will be FREE and open to the public today, April 1, from 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Mears, who drives the No. 13 GEICO Chevy SS for Germain Racing, had already turned laps around the track Too Tough To Tame on Monday and will do so again today for the fans.
Darlington Raceway will open two sections of the Colvin Grandstand on the backstretch of the track for fans to watch the test throughout the afternoon and evening under the lights.
The ticket office will remain open throughout the night to accommodate fans who wish to purchase a ticket for the April 11-12 Bojangles’ Southern 500 race weekend, which is just days away.
Fans need to use the Gate 3 entrance to the track off of Highway 151. The parking lot is located next to the track’s administration building and certain sections of the Colvin Grandstands on the backstretch will be open for public viewing.
“If you enjoy the sound of a race car turning hot laps around Darlington Raceway, this is the opportunity to see it happen first hand with veteran driver Casey Mears,” Darlington Raceway President Chip Wile said. “We’re just days away from the Bojangles’ Southern 500 race weekend and if you enjoy what you see at Casey’s test session, imagine how excited you’ll be when the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series visit Darlington Raceway next weekend!”
Times of the test are subject to change.
Tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 on Saturday, April 12 and Nationwide Series VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200 on Friday, April 11 are now on sale. Remember, kids 12 and under are half off for the Bojangles’ Southern 500 and FREE for the VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200 in general admission sections. Visit www.DarlingtonRaceway.com or call 866-459-7223 for more information.
The Darlington Raceway ticket office is also open seven-days-a-week, including 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Saturdays and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. on Sundays until race weekend.
- DENNY HAMLIN AND SPORT CLIPS TO HONOR MILITARY AT FT. BRAGG, UNVEIL "THROWBACK" SCHEME FOR DARLINGTON RACE WEEKEND
- NASCAR NATIONAL SERIES TRACKS TO OFFER FREE YOUTH TICKETING FOR NASCAR XFINITY & NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACES IN 2017
- SOUTH CAROLINA’S OWN AND NASCAR HALL OF FAME MEMBER CALE YARBOROUGH TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER
- VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 THROWBACK PAINT SCHEME ON NASCAR.COM
- NASCAR HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES RICHARD CHILDRESS, RICK HENDRICK, MARK MARTIN TO SERVE AS BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 GRAND MARSHALS