NEWSPRING CHURCH OF FLORENCE TO HOST RACE DAY 500 FESTIVAL AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY ON JULY 12
DARLINGTON, S.C. (July 7, 2014) – Darlington Raceway will be the site for another family-fun community event this Saturday, July 12, when NewSpring Church brings the Race Day 500 Festival to the track Too Tough To Tame.
The festival is free and open to the public beginning at 6 p.m. Activities during the event will include lawnmower racing, inflatables, pace car rides, live music, food vendors and a fireworks show. More information, including registration and rules for the lawnmower races can be found at http://newspring.cc/raceday500.
The Race Day 500 Festival follows last weekend’s successful Freedom Fest, an Independence Day celebration, which was hosted by the Greater Darlington Chamber of Commerce on July 4th. Over 11,000 people attended the inaugural event.
“We’re thrilled to partner with NewSpring Church of Florence to host another free community event at our beloved track. We are committed to providing fun family entertainment throughout the year and this is just another example of a fantastic community partner utilizing one of the state’s most historic venues” track President Chip Wile said.
NewSpring Church has campuses in 10 different locations throughout the Palmetto state, including Florence. The church has grown exponentially over the last several years with a goal of having 100,000 members by 2020.
“This is an event for the entire community to come together and celebrate summer,” said Perry Noble, senior pastor and founder of NewSpring Church. “Our hope is that the Race Day 500 Festival will be a fun place for families and individuals to kick back and enjoy a great evening of fireworks.”
Darlington Raceway, or the track Too Tough To Tame as it is known to many, is where the purest of NASCAR competition meets true southern hospitality. A NASCAR staple since 1950, Darlington Raceway has seen some of motorsports most talented drivers thunder to Gatorade Victory Lane.
- Sport Clips Haircuts Joins Darlington Raceway’s Tribute to the 1970’s
- COUNTRY MUSIC LEGEND TANYA TUCKER TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 NATIONAL ANTHEM
- SUPPORT THE VFW’s SPORT CLIPS HELP A HERO SCHOLARSHIPS BY PURCHASING A NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE TICKET AT DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- FOR KIDS ONLY! DARLINGTON RACEWAY RASCALS PRESENTED BY FUTURE SCHOLAR LAUNCHES AT TRACK “TOO TOUGH TO TAME”
- 1970’s ICONIC BAND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD TO PERFORM BOJANGLES’ SOUTHERN 500 PRE-RACE CONCERT PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA