DARLINGTON, SOUTH CAROLINA (April 19, 2016) – The annual Taste of Darlington will take place at Darlington Raceway on Thursday, April 21, from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. in the track’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage.
The annual culinary event benefits the Darlington Downtown Revitalization Association (DDRA) and features some of the best cooks in the area. The event is attended by community members that enjoy great local food and drink.
“This is one of the most popular events of the year,” said city of Darlington Director of Planning Lisa Chalian-Rock. “We always appreciate our relationship with Darlington Raceway. The track serves as a great historic backdrop for this annual community event.”
For over 30 years, the Taste of Darlington has been a staple on the social calendar in the community. This year’s event will feature more than 18 grillers preparing main courses and 14 stations featuring hors d’oeuvres and desserts.
“We enjoy supporting this fantastic event, which helps downtown revitalization right here in our backyard,” Darlington Raceway President Chip Wile said. “The Taste of Darlington is always well attended and we’re happy to be a part of it.”
Walk-up tickets are $30 each or can be purchased in advance at the following locations:
- Darlington Raceway Ticket Office
- Burry Bookstore (Hartsville)
- The News & Press
- Main Street Jewelers
- Greater Darlington Chamber of Commerce
- Carolina Bank (Darlington, Hartsville, Society Hill and Lamar)
- Dedicated Community Bank
- City of Darlington Administrative Office
- The Jewelers Bench
- The Healthy Food Store (Florence)
The event is only open for guests 21 years of age or older.
The Tradition Continues on Labor Day weekend as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500® is set for Sunday, Sept. 4, 2016. The NASCAR XFINITY Series VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200 will race on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame. Fans are encouraged to post their Bojangles’ Southern 500 stories and memories at #TraditionContinues, #BojanglesSo500 and #SportClips200.
Darlington Raceway has been recognized by the following:
- 2016 SportsBusiness Journal “Sports Event of the Year” Nominee
- 2015 NMPA Myers Brothers Award
- 2015 NASCAR Marketing Team of the Year
- 2015 NASCAR Track PR Representative of the Year (Dennis Worden)
- 2015 Community Pride Award (presented by the Greater Darlington Chamber of Commerce)